What has to be considered when travelling abroad?

International trips generally require the approval of book-n-drive.

  1. Trips to our Western European neighbours (Belgium, Denmark, France, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Austria and Switzerland) are generally permitted. You can leave on the spur of the moment. However, we recommend that you register your trip with our customer service department so that we can clean and check the car before you leave.
  2. For journeys to all other European countries the following applies: You must register the journey with book-n-drive customer service beforehand and have it approved in writing, e.g. by e-mail. book-n-drive is entitled to refuse the reduction of liability in the event of damage without the corresponding authorisation. Please note that journeys to or through certain Eastern European countries (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Kosovo, Moldova, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine, Belarus) and all non-European countries (e.g. Morocco, Tunisia) are not possible due to the increased risk. Special permits for these countries will only be issued under special conditions and, if necessary, with certain conditions.

Please note the following information when travelling abroad:

  • The original vehicle license and a warning vest are always in the car.
  • As a customer you are responsible for compliance with foreign legal regulations (e.g. motorway vignettes, owner's certificate for export of the vehicle to Poland, replacement bulb set for the Czech Republic, bulb masking for Great Britain and Ireland, temporary winter tyre obligation in Austria, any additional warning vests required). book-n-drive will not assume any costs for this.
  • If possible, please also use the DKV fuel card abroad, which is valid throughout Europe. Should you nevertheless pay for refuelling abroad yourself, please send the original receipt for reimbursement to book-n-drive, Service Office Rhine-Main, Rudolf-Diesel-Straße 5, 65719 Hofheim am Taunus. Please understand that we can only refund the net amount of foreign receipts, as we are unable to obtain a refund of foreign value added Tax.